Hey, Josef here, thanks for checking out my blog - You’ve come to the right place if your looking for Electric nailers. I've done quite a deep research to find some good ELECTRIC NAILERS and you're reading my uncensored review of what I really thought about the DEWALT DC618K XRP 18-Volt Cordless 1-1/4 Inch – 2-1/2 Inch 16 Gauge 20 Degree Angled Finish Nailer Kit or shortly DEWALT DC618K.
first and foremost, I just want to clarify I will be giving you an unrestricted unbiased and honest review of DEWALT DC618K. What your about to read are the ESSENTIAL details you need to know before purchasing any Electric Staple Gun.
Note that this a review though, if you're looking for DEWALT DC618K website then click here.
Why am I writing this? Well, when I was interested about an Electric staple gun and there weren't many real reviews around Electric Nailers so I thought I'd write one quickly about one product which was seems very promising one and help any of you who are in the same position I was. But be warned, I'll be going into both the good and the bad points, so if that's something you might not want to hear, then you may as well leave now.
Here’s exactly the DEWALT DC618K features and the Kit content:
- Engine design allows the tool to work as fast as the end user with consistent nail penetration into both soft and hard joints.
- Sequential operating mode allows for precision placement and the bump operating mode provides the user with production speed.
- Easy access to the nosepiece for the removal of jammed nails without the use of screwdrivers or tool wrenches.
- Contact Trip Lock-Off allows trigger to be disabled when not in use
- Integrated LED lights for long life and durability.
- Top cap is impact resistant and easy to remove for troubleshooting.
- Provides increased portability and versatility on the jobsite.
- Increased visibility and durability along with protection for work-surface from the contact-trip.
- 20-degree angled magazine (up to 120 nail capacity) & will accept DEWALT and Paslode 20-degree nails.
- 6 position dial allows the user to move between applications without having to re-acquire exact depth setting.
- Rear-load magazine offers loading styles which provide versatility to accommodate the end user's preference.
Lets review some of the major product technical details:
|Selective||Nailer Operating Mode|
|Nailing rate 4-5 nails/sec||Front Handle Style|
|1-1/4" – 2-1/2"||Nail Length Capacity|
|up to 110nails||Magazine Capacity|
|Yes||Integrated Belt Hook|
The DEWALT DC618K comes with a great warranty package that includes 3 Year Limited Warranty, 90 Day Money Back Guarantee and also 2 Year Free the Battery. That's more than the regular warrenty trems for electric nailers.
The DEWALT DC618K Kit comes with a nice and beautiful Kit Box which includes also:
- 1 hour charger
- 18V XRP™ battery
- Reversible belt hook
- No-mar tip
- DEWALT® Safety Glasses
What are the BAD things about DEWALT DC618K?
Just like every product I have ever reviewed, nothing is perfect and here are the flaws I noticed after reading and doing a deep researching for quality reviews:
- So the first thing lots of buyers were complaining on is the weight of this tool, as it's really a massive tool and weights 8.5Lbs which is basically because of it's powerful battery and also it's Fat Front.
- As a result of it's big size It is also very cumbersome to hang on your tool belt.
And how about the GOOD things about DEWALT DC618K?
- Regarding the weight problem I mentioned above, most of the users said that although this tool is heavy, they prefer it to be heavy but portable (cordless) and they Don't have to drag out with an air compressor if you rather a pneumatic tool.
- The speed of this tool was overwhelming and has an Accurate electronic depth adjustment and you could also you can set the it to single/multy fire and it's never stuck.
- Lots of reviewers mentioned that it has a very good grip and stays steady in your hand while sweaty and also a quality trigger feel.
- It's pretty quiet if you compare it to other related products.
- It has a long battery life.
- It's easy to maneuver with it and it fits in almost every corner.
Overall, what do I think?
DEWALT DC618K nail gun, in my eyes it is the best electric staple gun in the Electric Nailers market today. Dewalt is a well none quality firm and you can't be relaxed with their extraordinary warranty package. I think that the most important advantage I've mentioned is that it's never stuck, which was one of the major problems with other tools I've researched. I found lots of users from all kinds of level, from home users to pro users, which reviewed lots of projects they have completed using this tool and were very enthusiastic. I highly recommend you to purchase the DEWALT DC618K, you won’t regret it!
Hope my webpage has helped you,